Hyalite Youth Camp is open for the 2021 season! See available dates below.
PURPOSE OF CAMP: To provide an affordable camping experience in a rustic cabin and lodge facility primarily for youth and for those with disabilities or who are disadvantaged. Secondarily, family reunions, retreats for nonprofits and educational related groups are welcome. As of 2018, the camp is no longer available for weddings so we can make weekends available to the priority groups.
- There are seven cabins (52 bunks), four “Quad” buildings (16 bunks each) and three tipis that can accommodate 2+ campers in each. The capacity of the camp is 120 campers. All cabins and quads have wood framed bunks and groups should bring their own sleeping pads, sleeping bags and/or bedding for use on the bunks and in the tipis. To increase your comfort, cots can be used in the tipis and there is room for additional tents or camp trailers.
- Kitchen has a walk-in cooler, two freezers and one smaller refrigerator. There is a propane stove and all dishes, utensils, cooking pots and pans are provided. Dining hall can accommodate 100+ and there are outside picnic tables.
- There are indoor showers and toilets separated for men and women. Groups should bring their own towels and toiletries.
- Hot and Cold running water.
- Electrical power supplied to the entire camp by solar power battery system and backed up by generators.
- Arts and Crafts building for seminary, workshops or group meetings.
- Fire pit with benches and firewood with views of the lake.
- Volley Ball Court with net, Basket Ball Hoop on a Tree, horseshoe pit and flag pole.
- Lake access, spring creeks, mountain view, hiking trails to mountain lakes and waterfalls. Bird and wild life observation. The fishing is good.
- Phone service is not available at the camp or at the reservoir.
Fee’s for youth, disabled and disadvantaged groups are $7.50 per camper per day with a minimum of $400.00 per day.
Fee’s for other groups are $10.00 per camper per day with a minimum of $500.00 per day.
Fee for one day use without a nigh stay is $150.00 for youth, disabled, disadvantaged groups and $300.00 per day for other groups.
*You will be required to pay a deposit of one day upon signing your contract as well as provide a certificate of insurance for your group. We can assist you with the certificate of insurance for an additional fee.